Vice President of Information Technology
||Eugene, OR 97405
||June 28, 2023
|Vice President of Information Technology
Scion Technical has been engaged to conduct a search for Lane Community College’s Vice President for the Information Technology position. This position is for immediate, direct hire, and is onsite based out of their campus in Eugene, OR!
Located in the hills of Willamette Valley, Lane Community College has been serving Eugene Oregon students since the 1930s. Lane has had an exponentially positive impact on the local economy in Eugene/Springfield with its alumni generating over $720M in jobs during 2019. Lane serves over 25,000 students each year through transfer, technical, vocational, and personal enrichment programs.
Sitting on the Lane Community College Leadership Team and reporting directly to the President, the Vice President of IT is a completely new position and will be overseeing information technology and software development divisions. The VP of IT will have the pleasure of ensuring all technical platforms, systems, and networks run efficiently and meet the business needs of LCC. Additionally, demonstrates Lane Community College’s core value of social justice by ensuring equity and inclusion skills such as respect, inclusiveness, reflecting, and valuing cultural and personal differences. These are the basis of employee and student interpersonal communications and relationships and are applied to all position responsibilities.
What you will be doing:
- Performing advanced technology, information security, and managerial work providing direction and guidance in strategic operations and planning.
- Developing technology, security protocol, business standards, and action plans.
- Driving security architecture and policies based on business needs, risk assessments, and regulatory requirements and conducting IT security risk analysis and system audits.
- Revamping an emerging data and analytics strategy plan that enables and ensures cohesive application use of analytics best practices.
- Designing a comprehensive data architecture in tandem with data and engineering teams to ensure the development and deployment of the enterprise’s data and analytics platform to support the needs of LCC.
- Evaluating current information technology and data analytics systems and progress toward future-oriented system design.
- Providing strategic and tactical leadership for projects, development of additional resources, and direction of allocated budgeting.
- Developing systems, policies, and practices to ensure an outstanding customer service experience for students, faculty, staff, and community resident. Connect with all college stakeholders to inspire trust and collaboration.
- Overseeing the implementation of the College’s Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunities concerning policies, goals, and timetables in assigned areas. Ensure staff development on diversity, inclusive climate, and respectful learning and working environment issues.
- Aiding the college’s engagement in an effective evaluation and continuous improvement of its programs and services, wherever offered and delivered. Support the effective, regular, and comprehensive assessment of student achievement at the college-wide level, including program goals or intended outcomes, as well as student recruitment and retention strategies.
- Ensuring that the college is effectively supported in meeting accreditation standards related to information technology.
- Problem-solving and managing sensitive information with appropriate awareness of FERPA standards; maintaining confidentiality and sensitivity to the privacy needs of students.
This position offers an overall highly competitive compensation package with a first-year salary range starting between $143,000 through $154,000; relocation assistance, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance; PTO; PSL; Emergency/Personal Leave; Employee Assistance and Wellness Programs; Tuition Waivers; HSA; Long Term Disability and more!
Please contact Emily McMonigle at Scion Technical today if you are interested. All candidates interested in applying must send a resume and letter of interest directly to the Senior Manager of Technical Recruitment at Scion Technical, Emily, via email@example.com.
About our firm:
Scion Technical is a national award-winning technical & IT staffing firm! Since 2006, we have had the pleasure of successfully placing thousands of talented candidates with amazing opportunities. Through our innovative team building and recruiting solutions, we bridge the gap in executive leadership searches, direct hire technical recruiting, interim leadership placement and temporary professional staffing. Our track record and recruitment process has made us one of the top recruitment firms in the nation.
We are proud to be part of the Forbes lists of the Best Recruitment Firms and the Best Executive Search Firm in America. Additionally, Scion has been recognized as a ClearlyRated Best of Staffing firm as well as a top recruitment firm by The Business Times! More information about us can also be found at www.sciontechnical.com.
Scion Technical, a division of Scion Staffing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent. For opportunities located in a region that have enacted fair chance, arrest or conviction-based employment ordinances, Scion Technical proactively follows the enacted guidance and considers for employment all qualified applications with arrest and conviction records. We believe in following best practices and considering all qualified applicants that apply with us.
- 5 years of related experience is required. At least 3 years of managerial/supervisory experience in a related position is required.
- Strong experience in and knowledge of information technology, networking, software concepts, and IT systems.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a related field is required.
- Knowledge of instructional design, delivery, and learning theory.
- Ability to provide effective management, training, and supervision of staff.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Passion for education and understanding of Lane Community College’s mission and strategic agendas including College Learning Outcomes, cultural competency, and diversity.
This job has now been filled, visit our search page for more jobs like this.